MY CASTLE

MY CASTLE

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

New beginnings




      Where to begin. Not sure how to get started on this. I would like to think this is a whole new blog. In fact up until yesterday I did indeed have an idea for a completely different blog. I wanted to title it Travels with Homer. Sort of a play on  Steinbeck’s Classic Travels with Charlie, where he traveled around in his pickup camper with his dog Charlie exploring small town America. 

     Well, few little problems with that. Firstly I sure as hell ain’t no Steinbeck. Secondly, my truck is not the most comfortable camping machine nor do I have the resources to meander all over creation indefinitely. I did try to read Blogging for Dummies and although I do fit the description, I’m not entirely sure that I am up to the task. Blogging for real, as a career, day in and day out. It involves a huge commitment of time, research of the subject matter, finding a proper niche market, monetizing and on and on. And hey, everybody knows the real money is in Vlogging, being an Influencer and all that rubbish. To be honest I don’t have any great desire to get in front of the camera or to influence anyone. I’ll just try to have a bit of fun and see what happens. 

     And finally, my dogs name is Porthos, not Homer. Homer is my sourdough starter. Yes you read that correctly. Flour and water with a whole lot of natural yeasty goodness. I wanted to write about my sourdough experience while traveling the country looking for a job and a place to call home. Is that niche enough for ya! But alas, the blog name I chose was taken. Something about an Airstream trailer or something or other. 

     Anyhoo, no harm done. I’ll just continue my old blog with the same goal in mind, with perhaps a bit of sourdough wisdom thrown in now and then. Until tomorrow or whenever. Peace out ✌️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment