MY CASTLE

MY CASTLE

Friday, October 30, 2020

Sourdough On The Go

      



     Ok, I suppose I should talk about Homer, the sourdough, for just a bit. I’ve been intrigued by sourdough for quite some time. A friend asked me once why did I want to make it, and honestly I didn’t have a good answer at the time. Still don’t. It can be tedious and time consuming. It’s wrought with failure and well hell, it’s a lot easier to go to the damn store and buy a loaf for a couple bucks! 

     But when you taste a piece of fresh homemade sourdough bread... it’s like comparing the best pizza you’ve ever had to frozen. There is no comparison! And it’s healthier too!! 

     I suppose it was something to do. Like a science experiment. Or climbing a mountain. Getting in touch with history, doing something the same way our ancestors would have done it. You’re creating something. Something living and dare I say breathing and reproducing. It’s kind of like a pet. One must take care of it , feed and nurture it. Make sure it doesn’t get too hot or too cold. I mean its not rocket science. It’s really quite simple. Just mix flour and water. That’s it. But the end result if done correctly is nothing less than magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment